Wrapping Megaphone (Fine motor)
Listen to song "Salve Regina Gregorian Chant" and create a "megaphone"
- Listen to song “Salve Regina Gregorian Chant” while doing this activity
- This idea recycles an empty paper towel roll
- You will also need about 3 feet of 1/2 inch to 1 inch ribbon
- Tape one end of ribbon inside the edge of the towel roll and let child wrap the roll from one end to the other end with the ribbon
- Try for child to cover all of the towel roll by overlapping the ribbon
- To make it easier can use clear tape at intervals to help keep the ribbon in place
- Use as megaphone for Activity 10 Month 8
- Optional: Activity 16 Month 8 has another fine motor activity
Use lots of tape along the way to keep the ribbon in place while wrapping
This activity uses hand-eye skills so encourage child to take his time in making a megaphone. Share why people use a megaphone - to amplify or make a voice louder. See if you can find a picture of a cheerleader using a magaphone. Articulate your words clearly so the audience can understand what you're saying - share a cheer with your child - GO PACK GO
Chat about the song being a chant and how that is different from other music
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Heart
- Color - Review
- Number - Six, 6
- Alphabet Letters - H, P
- Senses - Hearing
- Character Trait - Honesty
- Target Words - Good-by, Many, Match, Why
If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
Did You Know?
"Children with below average language skills can make rapid improvements if their parents take simple steps to change the way they interact with them." University of Sydney
Books to Read
"My Very First Book of Shapes"
by Eric Carle (Activity 2)
"Big Red Barn"
by Margaret Wise Brown (Activity 8)
"Old MacDonald Had a Farm"
by Countdown Kids Album 100 All Time Children’s Favorites (Activity 10)
"Salve Regina - Antiphona (tonus monasticus) in Honorem Beatae Mariae Virginias"
Album Salve Regina Gregorian Chant by Benedictine Monks of the Abby of Saint-Maurice & Saint-Maur, Clervaux (Activity 21)
"You’ll Be In My Heart"
by Phil Collins Album Tarzan (Movie Soundtrack) (Activity 18)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Up Down Turn Around
(Activity 14 Month 8)
Touch the sky,
And touch the ground.
Blink your eyes,
Blow a kiss,
And say “good-bye “
I Need To Be Honest
(Activity 13 Month 8)
I need to be honest
My mom and dad say
And telling the truth
Is just one way!
Why be honest
I ask mom and dad.
You will feel your best
When the truth is always said.