- Together go around the home and count all the doors in a room or whole house
- Together go around the home and count all the windows in a room or whole house
- Have a container of objects (pennies, pretzels, jelly beans, marbles, toy cars, etc.)
- Ask child to remove 2 objects and count aloud
- Ask child to remove 6 objects and place with the original 2 objects
- Count all the objects aloud. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
- Return to container
- Ask child to remove 4 objects and count aloud
- Ask child to remove another 4 objects and place with the original 4 objects
- Count all the objects aloud. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.
- Return to container.
- Continue removing objects with other combinations that add up to 8 - 1 and 7, 3 and 5, 5 and 3, 6 and 2, 7 and 1
Have adult remove the objects from the container (For example, say aloud "I am removing two objects. I am now removingf six objects. Together, lets count aloud how many objects are on the table.") Continue with all combinations for making eight.
- container full of small objects
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Review
- Color - White
- Number - Eight, 8
- Alphabet Letters - W, N
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Self-Control
- Target Words - Good-night, Sweet, Sour, Next
Dutch - A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains
Did You Know?
" Approximately two-thirds of parents surveyed would like information about ways to support children’s early reading and school readiness skills, ways to help children’s social-emotional development and how to use positive discipline." Washington Early Learning System
Books to Read
"Black and White Rabbit’s ABC"
by Alan Baker (Activity 9)
by Margaret Wise Brown (Activity 14) (audio book available)
"Cars and Trucks and Things that Go"
by Richard Scarry (Activity 26)
by Sharon, Lois & Bram Album: Sing A to Z (Activity 1)
12 Variations on “Ah, vous dirai-je, Maman” K.265 (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star) Mozart"
by George Szell; Cleveland Orchestra Album: Mozart: Piano Concertos K. 467 & 537; Variations K.265 (Activity 20)
"10 Crunchy Carrots"
by Charlotte Diamond Album: 10 Carrot Diamond (Activity 6)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
(Activity 23 Month 10)
I wake up in the morning early
And always the very first thing
I poke up my head and I sit up in bed
And I sing and I sing, and I sing.
(This poem was memorized and recited each morning in our family. Use this poem or find your own for your wake-up routine.)