Cooking hard boiled eggs and painting the shells
- Together get eight white eggs out of refrigerator.
- Talk about shape of egg - oval
- Make eight hard-boiled eggs.
- Place white eggs in pan and cover with water.
- Place on stove with lid and bring to boil.
- When boiling begins turn off heat and leave on stove for 20 minutes.
- Remove from stove, drain water and cover eggs in pan with cold water and ice cubes for 10 minutes.
- When eggs are cooled and dry, sponge paint (using foam brush or sponge) 1 egg using white paint
- Select a different color to sponge paint each of the remaining eggs (red, green, orange, violet, black, yellow, blue)
- Let painted eggs dry and use for Activity 16
- Eight white eggs
- stove-top pan with lid
- foam brush/sponge
- white paint
- paint (variety of colors - red, green, orange, violet, black, yellow, blue)
- tablecloth/old newspaper to protect table from paint
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Review
- Color - White
- Number - Eight, 8
- Alphabet Letters - W, N
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Self-Control
- Target Words - Good-night, Sweet, Sour, Next
Dutch - A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains
Did You Know?
" Approximately two-thirds of parents surveyed would like information about ways to support children’s early reading and school readiness skills, ways to help children’s social-emotional development and how to use positive discipline." Washington Early Learning System
Books to Read
"Black and White Rabbit’s ABC"
by Alan Baker (Activity 9)
by Margaret Wise Brown (Activity 14) (audio book available)
"Cars and Trucks and Things that Go"
by Richard Scarry (Activity 26)
by Sharon, Lois & Bram Album: Sing A to Z (Activity 1)
12 Variations on “Ah, vous dirai-je, Maman” K.265 (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star) Mozart"
by George Szell; Cleveland Orchestra Album: Mozart: Piano Concertos K. 467 & 537; Variations K.265 (Activity 20)
"10 Crunchy Carrots"
by Charlotte Diamond Album: 10 Carrot Diamond (Activity 6)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
(Activity 23 Month 10)
I wake up in the morning early
And always the very first thing
I poke up my head and I sit up in bed
And I sing and I sing, and I sing.
(This poem was memorized and recited each morning in our family. Use this poem or find your own for your wake-up routine.)