Day & Night
Learning target words while tracing and cutting
- Share that everyone living on earth has a daytime and nighttime
- Sun and lightness make up the day
- Moon and darkness make up the night
- Trace around a large round plate on yellow paper for sun. Let child cut out.
- Write day on the yellow circle
- Trace around a large round plate on white paper for moon. Let child cut out.
- Write night on the white circle
- Tape to window the correct planet showing when it is day or night outside during this month
If cutting is difficult, allow child to tear around the "sun" and "moon".
Encourage child to write the words day and night - write on a sheet of paper for child to copy or tell child each letter to write for the word. For example, can you write the letter d, the letter a, and the letter y. Those letters make the word "day".
- round plate to trace around
- yellow and white paper
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Triangle
- Color - Red, Yellow, Blue
- Number - Four, 4
- Alphabet Letters - D, M
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Love
- Target Words - Day, Later, Night, Now
Arabic-Every day of your life is a page of your history
Did You Know?
"Investing in high quality pre-kindergarten can make every family in America safer from crime and violence. Law enforcement leaders know that to win the war on crime, we need to be as willing to guarantee our kids space in a pre-kindergarten program as we are to guarantee a criminal a prison cell," said Sanford Newman, president of Fight Crime
Books to Read
"The Greedy Triangle"
by Marilyn Burns (Activity 2)
by Ellen Stoll Walsh (Activity 9)
"The Very Busy Spider"
by Eric Carle (Activity 17) (audiobook available)
"An Die Schonen, Blauen Donau - Walzer Op. 314 Johann Strauss"
by Berliner Philharmoniker Album 100 Best Karajan 100 Best Classics (Classical) (Activity 20)
"The Alphabet Song"
by Cedarmont Kids Album 100 Singalong Songs for Kids (Children) (Activity 4)
"Love Grows One By One"
by Priscilla Herdman Album Daydreamer (Children) (Activity 13 & 20)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Activity 21 Month 4)
The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again.
Do You Love Me? to “Brother John” tune
(Activity 26 Month 4)
Do you love me? Do you love me?
Yes I do. Yes I do.
Give me hugs and kisses. Give me hugs and kisses.
I love you. (kiss kiss sound) I love you. (kiss kiss sound)