Hand Muscles (Gross Motor)
Matching bottles to lids game while building gross and fine motor skills
- Gather together many plastic bottles with screw-type lids (mayonnaise, juice, peanut butter, mustard, nut, etc. types of containers)
- Use larger lids for gross motor skills and smaller lids for fine motor skills
- Place bottles and separated lids in a basket or on the floor
- Ask child to match bottle with correct lid by screwing the lids onto the bottle
- Option is to set timer to see how quickly child can find and put correct lids on six bottles
- This is also a fun activity for bathtime
Set out three lids and bottles for child to match and place on bottles
Save a wide variety of different sizes of jars and lids for child to use. Use smaller jars and lids to work on small motor skills and use a timer to turn into a fast action game with others.
- many different plastic bottles with screw type lids
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Heart
- Color - Review
- Number - Six, 6
- Alphabet Letters - H, P
- Senses - Hearing
- Character Trait - Honesty
- Target Words - Good-by, Many, Match, Why
If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
Did You Know?
"Children with below average language skills can make rapid improvements if their parents take simple steps to change the way they interact with them." University of Sydney
Books to Read
"My Very First Book of Shapes"
by Eric Carle (Activity 2)
"Big Red Barn"
by Margaret Wise Brown (Activity 8)
"Old MacDonald Had a Farm"
by Countdown Kids Album 100 All Time Children’s Favorites (Activity 10)
"Salve Regina - Antiphona (tonus monasticus) in Honorem Beatae Mariae Virginias"
Album Salve Regina Gregorian Chant by Benedictine Monks of the Abby of Saint-Maurice & Saint-Maur, Clervaux (Activity 21)
"You’ll Be In My Heart"
by Phil Collins Album Tarzan (Movie Soundtrack) (Activity 18)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Up Down Turn Around
(Activity 14 Month 8)
Touch the sky,
And touch the ground.
Blink your eyes,
Blow a kiss,
And say “good-bye “
I Need To Be Honest
(Activity 13 Month 8)
I need to be honest
My mom and dad say
And telling the truth
Is just one way!
Why be honest
I ask mom and dad.
You will feel your best
When the truth is always said.