D & M
Matching food and sounds
- Place these five foods on a table - apple, banana, egg, date, and milk (you can choose other foods that begin with a, b, d, e and m; avocado, blueberries, doughnut, edamame, melon etc.)
- Ask child to point to one of the five foods and say what the first letter is of each food. Also, have child make the sound of the first letter
- Next, have adult make one of the beginning sounds (b) and ask child to point to that food. Repeat with other four foods
Have adult point to each food and say letter name and sound. Let child repeat aloud after each letter and sound is said.
After child can say the letter sound for each food, help them put the food in order to spell a word. For example, to spell/hear the word - mad - place a marshmellow, apple and date in order. Try the word - bed - by placing banana, egg, and date in order.
Choose five foods that begin with the letters a, b, d, e, and m
- apple (applesauce, avocado, asparagus, almonds, acorn squash, apricot)
- banana (bread, butter, biscuit, broccoli, beans, bacon, buns)
- date (Doritos, doughnuts, dill, dumpling)
- egg (enchilada, edamame, english muffin, eggplant)
- milk (melon, marshmallow, mango, macaroni, mustard, mushroom)
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Triangle
- Color - Red, Yellow, Blue
- Number - Four, 4
- Alphabet Letters - D, M
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Love
- Target Words - Day, Later, Night, Now
Arabic-Every day of your life is a page of your history
Did You Know?
"Investing in high quality pre-kindergarten can make every family in America safer from crime and violence. Law enforcement leaders know that to win the war on crime, we need to be as willing to guarantee our kids space in a pre-kindergarten program as we are to guarantee a criminal a prison cell," said Sanford Newman, president of Fight Crime
Books to Read
"The Greedy Triangle"
by Marilyn Burns (Activity 2)
by Ellen Stoll Walsh (Activity 9)
"The Very Busy Spider"
by Eric Carle (Activity 17) (audiobook available)
"An Die Schonen, Blauen Donau - Walzer Op. 314 Johann Strauss"
by Berliner Philharmoniker Album 100 Best Karajan 100 Best Classics (Classical) (Activity 20)
"The Alphabet Song"
by Cedarmont Kids Album 100 Singalong Songs for Kids (Children) (Activity 4)
"Love Grows One By One"
by Priscilla Herdman Album Daydreamer (Children) (Activity 13 & 20)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Activity 21 Month 4)
The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again.
Do You Love Me? to “Brother John” tune
(Activity 26 Month 4)
Do you love me? Do you love me?
Yes I do. Yes I do.
Give me hugs and kisses. Give me hugs and kisses.
I love you. (kiss kiss sound) I love you. (kiss kiss sound)