D & M
Matching food and sounds
- Place these five foods on a table - apple, banana, egg, date, and milk (you can choose other foods that begin with a, b, d, e, and m (avocado, blueberries, doughnut, edamame, melon, etc.)
- Ask the child to point to one of the five foods and say what the first letter is of each food. Also, have the child make the sound of the first letter
- Next, have an adult make one of the beginning sounds (b) and ask child to point to that food. (banana) Repeat with the other four foods
Have an adult point to each of the five foods and say letter names and sounds. Let the child repeat aloud after each letter and sound is said.
After child can say the letter sound for each food, help them put the food in order to spell a word. For example, to spell/hear the word - mad - place milk, apple and date in order. Try the word - bed - by placing banana, egg, and date in order. Other words to try: bad, dam, dab
QUESTIONS FOR CHILD
Can you tell me what you think makes a good parent?
What makes a food healthy for your body?
Choose five foods that begin with the letters a, b, d, e, and m
- apple (applesauce, avocado, asparagus, almonds, acorn squash, apricot)
- banana (bread, butter, biscuit, broccoli, beans, bacon, buns)
- date (Doritos, doughnuts, dill, dumpling)
- egg (enchilada, edamame, English muffin, eggplant)
- milk (melon, marshmallow, mango, macaroni, mustard, mushroom)
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Triangle
- Color - Red, Yellow, Blue
- Number - Four, 4
- Alphabet Letters - D, M
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Love
- Target Words - Day, Later, Night, Now
Arabic-Every day of your life is a page of your history
Did You Know?
"Investing in high quality pre-kindergarten can make every family in America safer from crime and violence. Law enforcement leaders know that to win the war on crime, we need to be as willing to guarantee our kids space in a pre-kindergarten program as we are to guarantee a criminal a prison cell," said Sanford Newman, president of Fight Crime
Books to Read
"The Greedy Triangle"
by Marilyn Burns (Activity 2)
by Ellen Stoll Walsh (Activity 9)
"The Very Busy Spider"
by Eric Carle (Activity 17) (audiobook available)
"The Greedy Triangle" VIDEO
by Marilyn Burns (Activity 2)
"Mouse Paint". VIDEO
by Ellen Still Walsh (Activity 9)
"The Very Busy Spider" VIDEO
by Eric Carle (Activity 17)
"An Die Schonen, Blauen Donau - Walzer Op. 314 Johann Strauss"
by Berliner Philharmoniker Album 100 Best Karajan 100 Best Classics (Classical) (Activity 20)
"The Alphabet Song"
by Cedarmont Kids Album 100 Singalong Songs for Kids (Children) (Activity 4)
"Love Grows One By One"
by Priscilla Herdman Album Daydreamer (Children) (Activity 13 & 20)
"The Alphabet Song" VIDEO
by Cedarmont Kids (Activity 4)
"Love Grows One by One" VIDEO
by Priscilla Herdman (Activity 13 & 20)
"An Die Schonen, Blauen Donau-Walzer Op.314" VIDEO
by Johann Strauss (Activity 20)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Activity 21 Month 4)
The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again.
Do You Love Me? to “Brother John” tune
(Activity 26 Month 4)
Do you love me? Do you love me?
Yes, I do. Yes, I do.
Give me hugs and kisses. Give me hugs and kisses.
I love you. (two kiss sounds) I love you. (two kiss sounds)