D & M
Listening to "The Alphabet Song", introducing letters "D" & "M", finding pictures of "D" and "M" animals, seeing unusual "D" and "M" animals
- Listen to song “The Alphabet Song” by Cedarmont Kids
- Put flashcards of letters D and M on a table - write capital letter on index card/paper or use letter stickers
- Point to letter D - saying name and sound
- Point to letter M - saying name and sound
- Point to each letter and let child say name and sound 4 times
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with sound of D - dog, deer, donkey, duck, etc.
- Find picture of an animal beginning with D and put into 3 ring binder behind the letter D (Easy way to find pictures is to type “Free pictures of animals” in internet search engine)
- Click here to see a video on a wild dog called a dhole in India
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with short sound of M - monkey, mole, mouse, mongoose, moose, etc.
- Find picture of an animal beginning with M and put into 3 ring binder behind the letter M
- Click here and see the national animal of Pakistan named Markhor
Old magazine or newpapers can be used to find animal pictures if you don't want to use the internet or child can draw his own picture. This activity can be used for a playgroup!
Look at a world map and find the countries of India where the dhole dog lives and Pakistan where the Markhor lives
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Triangle
- Color - Red, Yellow, Blue
- Number - Four, 4
- Alphabet Letters - D, M
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Love
- Target Words - Day, Later, Night, Now
Arabic-Every day of your life is a page of your history
Did You Know?
"Investing in high quality pre-kindergarten can make every family in America safer from crime and violence. Law enforcement leaders know that to win the war on crime, we need to be as willing to guarantee our kids space in a pre-kindergarten program as we are to guarantee a criminal a prison cell," said Sanford Newman, president of Fight Crime
Books to Read
"The Greedy Triangle"
by Marilyn Burns (Activity 2)
by Ellen Stoll Walsh (Activity 9)
"The Very Busy Spider"
by Eric Carle (Activity 17) (audiobook available)
"An Die Schonen, Blauen Donau - Walzer Op. 314 Johann Strauss"
by Berliner Philharmoniker Album 100 Best Karajan 100 Best Classics (Classical) (Activity 20)
"The Alphabet Song"
by Cedarmont Kids Album 100 Singalong Songs for Kids (Children) (Activity 4)
"Love Grows One By One"
by Priscilla Herdman Album Daydreamer (Children) (Activity 13 & 20)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Activity 21 Month 4)
The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again.
Do You Love Me? to “Brother John” tune
(Activity 26 Month 4)
Do you love me? Do you love me?
Yes I do. Yes I do.
Give me hugs and kisses. Give me hugs and kisses.
I love you. (kiss kiss sound) I love you. (kiss kiss sound)