D & M
Listening to "The Alphabet Song", introducing letters "D" & "M", finding pictures of "D" and "M" animals, watching unusual "D" and "M" animals
- Listen to the song “The Alphabet Song” by Cedarmont Kids or watch video here
- Put flashcards of letters D and M on a table - write the capital letter on index card/paper or use letter stickers
- Point to letter D - saying name and sound
- Point to letter M - saying name and sound
- Point to each letter and let the child say name and sound 4 times
- Ask the child to think of an animal that begins with the sound of D - dog, deer, donkey, duck, etc.
- Find a picture of an animal beginning with D and put into 3 ring binder behind the letter D (Easy way to find pictures is to type “Free pictures of animals” in the internet search engine)
- Click here to see a video on a wild dog called a dhole in India
- Ask the child to think of an animal that begins with short sound of M - monkey, mole, mouse, mongoose, moose, etc.
- Find a picture of an animal beginning with M and put into 3 ring binder behind the letter M
- Click here and see the national animal of Pakistan named Markhor
Old magazines or newspapers can be used to find animal pictures if you don't want to use the internet or the child can draw his own picture. This activity can be used for a playgroup
Look at a world map and find the countries of India where the dhole dog lives and Pakistan where the Markhor lives
QUESTIONS FOR CHILD
Would you rather be able to talk with animals or speak in different languages and why?
What would you like your friend to do with you?
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Triangle
- Color - Red, Yellow, Blue
- Number - Four, 4
- Alphabet Letters - D, M
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Love
- Target Words - Day, Later, Night, Now
Arabic-Every day of your life is a page of your history
Did You Know?
"Investing in high quality pre-kindergarten can make every family in America safer from crime and violence. Law enforcement leaders know that to win the war on crime, we need to be as willing to guarantee our kids space in a pre-kindergarten program as we are to guarantee a criminal a prison cell," said Sanford Newman, president of Fight Crime
Books to Read
"The Greedy Triangle"
by Marilyn Burns (Activity 2)
by Ellen Stoll Walsh (Activity 9)
"The Very Busy Spider"
by Eric Carle (Activity 17) (audiobook available)
"The Greedy Triangle" VIDEO
by Marilyn Burns (Activity 2)
"Mouse Paint". VIDEO
by Ellen Still Walsh (Activity 9)
"The Very Busy Spider" VIDEO
by Eric Carle (Activity 17)
"An Die Schonen, Blauen Donau - Walzer Op. 314 Johann Strauss"
by Berliner Philharmoniker Album 100 Best Karajan 100 Best Classics (Classical) (Activity 20)
"The Alphabet Song"
by Cedarmont Kids Album 100 Singalong Songs for Kids (Children) (Activity 4)
"Love Grows One By One"
by Priscilla Herdman Album Daydreamer (Children) (Activity 13 & 20)
"The Alphabet Song" VIDEO
by Cedarmont Kids (Activity 4)
"Love Grows One by One" VIDEO
by Priscilla Herdman (Activity 13 & 20)
"An Die Schonen, Blauen Donau-Walzer Op.314" VIDEO
by Johann Strauss (Activity 20)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Activity 21 Month 4)
The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again.
Do You Love Me? to “Brother John” tune
(Activity 26 Month 4)
Do you love me? Do you love me?
Yes, I do. Yes, I do.
Give me hugs and kisses. Give me hugs and kisses.
I love you. (two kiss sounds) I love you. (two kiss sounds)