Making a gelatin fish bowl
- In small clear glass bowl (small fishbowl or vase) prepare a small package of blue gelatin following the directions on the package of adding 1 cup hot water and 1 cup of cold water
- Set a timer to 1 1/2 hours to check for partially set jello
- When jello is partially set have child add small and big chewy candy (Swedish Fish, Juju, Gummi Mermaids, etc.)
- Count each candy as it is added to the fish bowl
- Let gelatin set in the refrigerator until solid
- Eat for dessert or snack
Tell child to choose and add to fishbowl 5 candies
- small clear glass bowl or vase
- box of blue gelatin
- chewy candy fish (Swedish Fish, Juju, Gummi Mermaids, etc.)
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Circle
- Color - Blue
- Number - Two, 2
- Alphabet Letters - B, F
- Senses - Hearing
- Character Trait - Joyfulness
- Target Words - Big, Bigger, Happy, Small
Unknown “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day."
Did You Know?
“A 3-year-old toddler's brain is twice as active as an adult's brain.”- Sean Brotherson, NDSU
Books to Read
by Ann Jonas (Activity 8)
"The Grouchy Ladybug"
Eric Carle (Activity 12)
"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom"
by Bill Martin and John Archambault (Activity 4)
"Jump Up It’s A Good Day"
by Brady Rymer Album Here Comes Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could (Children) (Activity 10)
"Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes "
by Countdown Kids Album 100 Silly Songs (Children) (Activity 24)
by Nabil David Huening Album Children’s Virtues Songs (Children) (Activity 13)
"If You’re Happy and You Know It "
by Dora the Explorer Album Party Favorites (Activity 26)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Touch Your Nose
(Activity 25 Month 2)
Touch your nose, touch your chin, That’s the way this game begins.
Touch your eyes, Touch your knees; Now pretend you’re going to sneeze.
Touch your hair, Touch one ear; Touch your two red lips right here.
Touch your elbows where they bend,
That’s the way this touch game ends.