- Listen to song “Old MacDonald Had A Farm” and make the animal sounds
- Use the empty paper towel roll from Activity 21 Month 8 - this will be the childs "megaphone" or any empty toilet or paper towel roll
- Play an echo game. You say a letter name and child says letter name through the megaphone. Use all the letters you have introduced: A, E, O, U, B, F, C, R, D, M, G, S, V, H, and P.
- Next play echo game using letter sounds. You say a letter sound and child says letter sound through the megaphone. Use short vowel sounds - A, E, O, U and B, F, C, R, D, M, G, S, V, H, and P
- Finally, try saying a letter name and let child respond with letter sound through the megaphone - A, E, O, U and B, F, C, R, D, M, G, S, V, H, and P
- Let child repeat each phrase into the megaphone....
- This is my speaking voice. (child speaks normally)
- This is my quiet voice. (spoken in a whisper)
- This is my loud voice (spoken loud or as a yell)
- This is my singing voice (sung)
If child can recite letter sounds and names, point silently to a letter on an alphabet chart or placemat (can write a letter on a piece of paper) and ask child to tell you the letter name and it's sound
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Heart
- Color - Review
- Number - Six, 6
- Alphabet Letters - H, P
- Senses - Hearing
- Character Trait - Honesty
- Target Words - Good-by, Many, Match, Why
If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
Did You Know?
"Children with below average language skills can make rapid improvements if their parents take simple steps to change the way they interact with them." University of Sydney
Books to Read
"My Very First Book of Shapes"
by Eric Carle (Activity 2)
"Big Red Barn"
by Margaret Wise Brown (Activity 8)
"Old MacDonald Had a Farm"
by Countdown Kids Album 100 All Time Children’s Favorites (Activity 10)
"Salve Regina - Antiphona (tonus monasticus) in Honorem Beatae Mariae Virginias"
Album Salve Regina Gregorian Chant by Benedictine Monks of the Abby of Saint-Maurice & Saint-Maur, Clervaux (Activity 21)
"You’ll Be In My Heart"
by Phil Collins Album Tarzan (Movie Soundtrack) (Activity 18)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Up Down Turn Around
(Activity 14 Month 8)
Touch the sky,
And touch the ground.
Blink your eyes,
Blow a kiss,
And say “good-bye “
I Need To Be Honest
(Activity 13 Month 8)
I need to be honest
My mom and dad say
And telling the truth
Is just one way!
Why be honest
I ask mom and dad.
You will feel your best
When the truth is always said.