Read "Museum ABC" and play hide and seek wIth a whistle
- Read the book “Museum ABC” by Metropolitan Museum of Art. Chat about how it is important to hear what is being read from books so you can learn
- Using a whistle, you are going to play hide and seek!
- Ask child to close eyes (put child in closet, blindfold, etc.) while you hide with the whistle
- The person hiding brings the whistle, and once hidden starts blowing the whistle
- Child opens eyes when whistle is heard
- Child follows sound of whistle to discover your hiding place
- Trade places with child letting them blow the whistle and you find them
*Be creative about alternatives if you don't have a whistle-tamborine, clapping hands, pan with spoon, etc..
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Heart
- Color - Review
- Number - Six, 6
- Alphabet Letters - H, P
- Senses - Hearing
- Character Trait - Honesty
- Target Words - Good-by, Many, Match, Why
If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
Did You Know?
"Children with below average language skills can make rapid improvements if their parents take simple steps to change the way they interact with them." University of Sydney
Books to Read
"My Very First Book of Shapes"
by Eric Carle (Activity 2)
"Big Red Barn"
by Margaret Wise Brown (Activity 8)
"Old MacDonald Had a Farm"
by Countdown Kids Album 100 All Time Children’s Favorites (Activity 10)
"Salve Regina - Antiphona (tonus monasticus) in Honorem Beatae Mariae Virginias"
Album Salve Regina Gregorian Chant by Benedictine Monks of the Abby of Saint-Maurice & Saint-Maur, Clervaux (Activity 21)
"You’ll Be In My Heart"
by Phil Collins Album Tarzan (Movie Soundtrack) (Activity 18)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Up Down Turn Around
(Activity 14 Month 8)
Touch the sky,
And touch the ground.
Blink your eyes,
Blow a kiss,
And say “good-bye “
I Need To Be Honest
(Activity 13 Month 8)
I need to be honest
My mom and dad say
And telling the truth
Is just one way!
Why be honest
I ask mom and dad.
You will feel your best
When the truth is always said.