Singing and finding the right color of clothing game
- Using the bag of clothing from Activity 8, make a list of what color each piece of clothing is in the bag - red shirt, green pants, orange shirt, etc. for the adult to use as a guide
- Sing the following words to the tune of "Mary Had A Little Lamb"
"Debi (name of child) has a red shirt on, red shirt on, red shirt on
Debi has a red shirt on I see her smile today."
- Let child find the article of clothing in the bag that matches the color in the song. When correct piece of clothing is found, everyone gives a big smile.
- Once a color is used, remove that item of clothing from the bag
- Repeat a verse for each color
Instead of removing the item of clothing after you sing the song and select from the bag, keep the item in the bag. It helps to reinforce child making a correct color choice from a group of items.
- bag of clothing from Activity 8
- piece of paper
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Heart
- Color - Review
- Number - Six, 6
- Alphabet Letters - H, P
- Senses - Hearing
- Character Trait - Honesty
- Target Words - Good-by, Many, Match, Why
If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
Did You Know?
"Children with below average language skills can make rapid improvements if their parents take simple steps to change the way they interact with them." University of Sydney
Books to Read
"My Very First Book of Shapes"
by Eric Carle (Activity 2)
"Big Red Barn"
by Margaret Wise Brown (Activity 8)
"Old MacDonald Had a Farm"
by Countdown Kids Album 100 All Time Children’s Favorites (Activity 10)
"Salve Regina - Antiphona (tonus monasticus) in Honorem Beatae Mariae Virginias"
Album Salve Regina Gregorian Chant by Benedictine Monks of the Abby of Saint-Maurice & Saint-Maur, Clervaux (Activity 21)
"You’ll Be In My Heart"
by Phil Collins Album Tarzan (Movie Soundtrack) (Activity 18)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Up Down Turn Around
(Activity 14 Month 8)
Touch the sky,
And touch the ground.
Blink your eyes,
Blow a kiss,
And say “good-bye “
I Need To Be Honest
(Activity 13 Month 8)
I need to be honest
My mom and dad say
And telling the truth
Is just one way!
Why be honest
I ask mom and dad.
You will feel your best
When the truth is always said.