Q & T & L
Listen to "The Alphabet Song" and create letters out of different materials
- Gather four craft sticks (pencils, plastic knives, toothpicks, etc.)
- Show child how to make a T using two sticks and ask child to copy
- Show child how to make a L using two sticks and ask child to copy
- Ask child to make the following letters using up to four sticks; saying the letter name and sound of letter - A E F M Y V H I N W L T
- Listen to “The Alphabet Song” by Big Don from "Big Don's Big Beat" Album
Adult can make the letter and child can copy - saying letter name and sound until all 12 letters are made
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Oval
- Color - Brown
- Number - Nine, 9
- Alphabet Letters - Q, T, L
- Senses - Sight
- Character Trait - Friendliness
- Target Words - Fast, Front, Sort, Same
Spanish - Tell me who you’re with and I’ll tell you who you are
Did You Know?
"The brain develops rapidly during the first five years and quality preschool programs can have a profound impact during this time.” CA First 5
Books to Read
"Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On"
by Lois Ehlert (Activity 7)
"Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?"
by Bill Martin (Activity 8) (audio book available) (NOTE: Please look for the 25th anniversary edition where the text is back to the original wording)
by Joan Blos (Activity 12)
"The Alphabet Song"
Album: Big Don’s Big Beat (Activity 5)
"Por Una Cabeza by Carlos Gardel"
Album: The Very Best (Activity 20)
"The Turtle Song"
by Suzi Shelton Album Simply Suzi (Activity 11)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
There Was A Little Turtle
(Activity 11 Month 11)
There was a little turtle who lived in a box.
He swam in the water, he climbed on the rocks.
He snapped at a mosquito, he snapped at a flea, he snapped at a minnow and he snapped at me.
He caught that mosquito, he caught that flea, he caught that minnow, but he didn’t catch me.
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep
(Activity 19 Month 11)
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I’ll count these hands instead of sheep.
Help me to remember these friends I made.
And all the wonderful times we played.