Q &T & L
Singing the ABC's; finding pictures of animals that begin with T, L, and Q; sharing informational videos of a tasmanian devil, liliger, and a quokka.
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with T - turkey, toad, tiger, turtle, etc.
- Find picture of an animal beginning with T and put into binder ( Easy way to find pictures is to type “Free pictures of animals” in internet search engine)
- Watch this ferocious animal here
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with L - ladybug, lamb, leopard, lion, etc.
- Find picture of an animal beginning with L and put into binder
- See a baby liliger here. Dad is a lion and mom is a tiger....
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with Q - quail, quokka, quoll, etc. (not too many!)
- Find picture of an animal beginning with Q and put into binder
- Watch a different 'Q' animal named quokka here
- Looking at an alphabet chart see if child can find the Q T and L
- Sing the alphabet song slowly. While singing together ask child to point to all the correct letters on an alphabet chart when singing their letter name.
*Old newspapers and magazines are an alternative to finding pictures on the internet or child can draw his own
- INYW? animal binder
- internet access and printer or old magazines/newspapers
- alphabet chart (you can make your own if you don't already have one)
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Oval
- Color - Brown
- Number - Nine, 9
- Alphabet Letters - Q, T, L
- Senses - Sight
- Character Trait - Friendliness
- Target Words - Fast, Front, Sort, Same
Spanish - Tell me who you’re with and I’ll tell you who you are
Did You Know?
"The brain develops rapidly during the first five years and quality preschool programs can have a profound impact during this time.” CA First 5
Books to Read
"Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On"
by Lois Ehlert (Activity 7)
"Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?"
by Bill Martin (Activity 8) (audio book available) (NOTE: Please look for the 25th anniversary edition where the text is back to the original wording)
by Joan Blos (Activity 12)
"The Alphabet Song"
Album: Big Don’s Big Beat (Activity 5)
"Por Una Cabeza by Carlos Gardel"
Album: The Very Best (Activity 20)
"The Turtle Song"
by Suzi Shelton Album Simply Suzi (Activity 11)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
There Was A Little Turtle
(Activity 11 Month 11)
There was a little turtle who lived in a box.
He swam in the water, he climbed on the rocks.
He snapped at a mosquito, he snapped at a flea, he snapped at a minnow and he snapped at me.
He caught that mosquito, he caught that flea, he caught that minnow, but he didn’t catch me.
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep
(Activity 19 Month 11)
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I’ll count these hands instead of sheep.
Help me to remember these friends I made.
And all the wonderful times we played.