Make a Card
Child created greeting card
Children need to be encouraged to share their emotions. You can make a special card for someone you love any day of the year.
- Make a greeting card for someone the child loves
- Let child choose red, blue, or yellow construction paper as the base of their card
- Get out the “art” box and let child be creative with crayons, stickers, glue, scissors, etc.
- Write the word love somewhere on the card
- Encourage child to write their own name on the card
- Be sure and let child give the card to the recipient or place in mail together
Have a card with the word "Love" available to be copied by a child onto their card
Make another card with their name written properly also for them to copy - Upper case first letter of name and lower case letters for the remaining letters in their name.
Allowing a child to choose from available options, helps with their thinking skills. An art box filled with a wide variety of scraps and art supplies, encourages a chld to make choices.
- red, blue or yellow construction paper
- art box (container with crayons, glue, stickers, scissors, colored paper, etc.)
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Triangle
- Color - Red, Yellow, Blue
- Number - Four, 4
- Alphabet Letters - D, M
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Love
- Target Words - Day, Later, Night, Now
Arabic-Every day of your life is a page of your history
Did You Know?
"Investing in high quality pre-kindergarten can make every family in America safer from crime and violence. Law enforcement leaders know that to win the war on crime, we need to be as willing to guarantee our kids space in a pre-kindergarten program as we are to guarantee a criminal a prison cell," said Sanford Newman, president of Fight Crime
Books to Read
"The Greedy Triangle"
by Marilyn Burns (Activity 2)
by Ellen Stoll Walsh (Activity 9)
"The Very Busy Spider"
by Eric Carle (Activity 17) (audiobook available)
"An Die Schonen, Blauen Donau - Walzer Op. 314 Johann Strauss"
by Berliner Philharmoniker Album 100 Best Karajan 100 Best Classics (Classical) (Activity 20)
"The Alphabet Song"
by Cedarmont Kids Album 100 Singalong Songs for Kids (Children) (Activity 4)
"Love Grows One By One"
by Priscilla Herdman Album Daydreamer (Children) (Activity 13 & 20)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Activity 21 Month 4)
The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again.
Do You Love Me? to “Brother John” tune
(Activity 26 Month 4)
Do you love me? Do you love me?
Yes I do. Yes I do.
Give me hugs and kisses. Give me hugs and kisses.
I love you. (kiss kiss sound) I love you. (kiss kiss sound)