Reviewing letters A and E
Month 1 · Activity 9 · Colors
- Again, you will need a snack size of vanilla (yellow) pudding
- Smooth the pudding on the plate and put an apple at the top of the plate. Ask the child to write the correct letter that begins apple in the pudding. (A)
- Hold up one finger and ask the child to draw the correct number of fingers in the pudding.
- Remove the apple and place an egg at the top of the plate. Ask the child to write the letter that begins the word egg in the pudding. (E)
- Praise the child and ask him to write the first letter of his name in the pudding
- Have the adult write the word yellow in the pudding - saying aloud each letter as it is written
- Ask the child to take one lick of yellow pudding from his finger
Have the child write a word that starts with A. (at, and, ate, as, etc.)
Encourage the child to write his name in the pudding
QUESTIONS FOR CHILD
What is the first sound you hear in the word apple?
Can you name the ingredients that are in the pudding?
What do you look forward to doing when you wake up?
- banana/vanilla (yellow) pudding
- Language Skills
- Math & Science Skills
- Motor Skills
- Problem Solving Skills