Hammering (Fine Motor)
Practicing fine motor skills by hammering golf tees into styrofoam
Month 11 · Activity 21 · Physical Activities
- You will need a small hammer (plastic or wooden), large piece of styrofoam, and colored golf tees
- Ask child to pound the golf tees into the styrofoam
- Depending on the color of the tees, ask child to select 2 red tees to pound; 4 white tees; etc.
Help child by holding the tee while child pounds with hammer. Alternate with child holding tee while you pound with hammer.
Continue with different directions - Can you make a triangle with the tees? A straight line? A square? etc. OR can you make a pattern with the tees - 2 red and 3 white and repeat the pattern OR can you make a capital letter P with the tees, or the letter S, etc.
- small "play" hammer (plastic or wooden)
- large piece of styrofoam (egg cartons)
- colored golf tees
- Language Skills
- Math & Science Skills
- Problem Solving Skills