C & R
Reading book "The Alphabet Book", learn about letter C, find a picture of animal beginning with C and learn about the animal caraval
- Read the book “ The Alphabet Book” by P.D. Eastman
- Show child the letter C and review the sound C makes
- Draw letter C on index card with a wide glue stick. Immediately shake sand, salt, or sugar on top of the glue. Shake excess off and look at the letter C
- Ask child to circle 3 letter C’s with a red crayon in a newspaper or magazine
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with C (cow, camel, caribou, cat, etc.)
- Find picture of animal beginning with C and place into 3 ring binder behind the letter C ( Easy way to find pictures is to type “Free pictures of animals” in internet search engine)
- Go to https://www.wordwarrior.net/caracal.html and learn about the animal caracal and watch a video showing a caracal leap ten feet off the ground
Make the letter "C" using your left hand's thumb and first finger. Say a word that begins with "C"...cat, coin, call, etc.
Visit to see a "C" animal named caracal jump up high.
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Circle, Square
- Color - Red
- Number - Three, 3
- Alphabet Letters - C, R
- Senses - Smell
- Character Trait - Manners
- Target Words - On, Top, High, Low
Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would have them do to you
Did You Know?
“The human brain is 90% developed by age 5." Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University
Books to Read
"Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners"
by Laurie Kelly (Activity 12)
"The Alphabet Book"
by P.D. Eastman (Activity 4)
"Goldilocks and the Three Bears"
by Jim Aylesworth (Activity 13)
"Three Little Birdies"
by Bob Marley Album Legend (Reggae) (Activity 6)
"Race: The Final Starlight Express"
Album Starlight Express Original Cast (Broadway - Pop) (Activity 18)
"Clap Your Hands Now"
by Pam Donkin Album A Hop, Skip, and a Jump (Children) (Activity 15)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Way Up High In An Apple Tree
(Activity 26 Month 3)
Way up high in an apple tree
Two red apples look down at me
I shook that tree as hard as I could
Down came the apples
Mmmmmm they were good.
Peter (child’s name) Uses One Hammer
(Activity 21 Month 3)
Peter (use child’s name) hammers with one hammer one hammer one hammer
Peter hammers with one hammer all day long (tap fist on the floor)
Pater hammers with two hammers, two hammers two hammers (tap other fist too) Peter hammers with two hammers all day long.
Peter hammers with three hammers, three hammers three hammers (add one foot) Peter hammers with three hammers all day long.
Peter hammers with four hammers four hammers four hammers (tap other foot too along with fists) Peter hammers with four hammers all day long.
Peter hammers with five hammers five hammers five hammers (use your head) Peter hammers with five hammers And then he goes to sleep!