Read book "The Greedy Triangle" and name shapes
- Read the book “The Greedy Triangle” by Marilyn Burns
- Cut out a circle, triangle, and square shape with a child using red, blue, or yellow paper (use shapes from Activity 3 if you prefer)
- Talk about the shapes - number of sides, corners, etc.
- Review the names of these shapes
- Have child close eyes and hide a penny under one of the shapes
- Ask child to guess where the penny is by naming a shape and color
- Continue until each shape is used to hide a penny
- Trade roles and let child hide the penny under a shape
Use just one shape to begin. For example, place only a circle on the table and place the penny underneath. Child needs to say name "circle" to look for the penny. Chat about how the circle looks - no corners, round like a tire or cookie. Proceed by placing just the square on the table with penny and again let child say name "square" to look for the penny. Do again with only the triangle shape placed on the table. Always chat about how the shapes look
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Triangle
- Color - Red, Yellow, Blue
- Number - Four, 4
- Alphabet Letters - D, M
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Love
- Target Words - Day, Later, Night, Now
Arabic-Every day of your life is a page of your history
Did You Know?
"Investing in high quality pre-kindergarten can make every family in America safer from crime and violence. Law enforcement leaders know that to win the war on crime, we need to be as willing to guarantee our kids space in a pre-kindergarten program as we are to guarantee a criminal a prison cell," said Sanford Newman, president of Fight Crime
Books to Read
"The Greedy Triangle"
by Marilyn Burns (Activity 2)
by Ellen Stoll Walsh (Activity 9)
"The Very Busy Spider"
by Eric Carle (Activity 17) (audiobook available)
"An Die Schonen, Blauen Donau - Walzer Op. 314 Johann Strauss"
by Berliner Philharmoniker Album 100 Best Karajan 100 Best Classics (Classical) (Activity 20)
"The Alphabet Song"
by Cedarmont Kids Album 100 Singalong Songs for Kids (Children) (Activity 4)
"Love Grows One By One"
by Priscilla Herdman Album Daydreamer (Children) (Activity 13 & 20)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Activity 21 Month 4)
The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again.
Do You Love Me? to “Brother John” tune
(Activity 26 Month 4)
Do you love me? Do you love me?
Yes I do. Yes I do.
Give me hugs and kisses. Give me hugs and kisses.
I love you. (kiss kiss sound) I love you. (kiss kiss sound)