Listen to song "Teeth" and creating a mouth collage
- Look at calendar together and review any special dates - birthday or events - to put on the calendar for this month.
- Have child place a check mark on the calendar for each day he brushes teeth for the month
- Listen to the song “Teeth” by Willa Brigham while making this collage
- Give child magazines and let them find pictures of mouths to cut out and paste on large sheet of paper
- After a collage of mouths has been made, chat about how the teeth look
- Let child think of reasons the teeth look healthy - they brush at least twice a day, they eat healthy snacks and food (celery and carrot snacks, calcium-rich foods including milk, yogurt, and cheese, fresh fruits and vegetables) they floss, visit a dentist, rinse mouths, etc.
If cutting is too difficult, let child tear out the pictures of mouths
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Review
- Color - Black
- Number - Seven, 7
- Alphabet Letters - J, I
- Sense - Smell
- Character Trait - Courage
- Target Words - Long, Little, Short, Small
Chinese - If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through
Did You Know?
"Before children enter elementary school, they must develop many linguistic and cognitive skills that will make later academic learning possible. By the age of five, however, children differ markedly in their success in reaching these developmental goals." Entwisle & Alexander, 1993
Books to Read
"The Little Engine That Could"
by Watty Piper, Illustrator Loren Long (Activity 12) (audiobook available)
"My Very First Mother Goose"
with Ioa Opie Editor and Rosemary Wells Illustrator (Activity 26)
"Of Colors and Things"
by Tana Hoban (Activity 8)
"America (My Country Tis of Thee)"
by the Hit Crew, Album: Drew’s Famous Music for Summer Games and Activities (Activity 13)
by Willa Brigham, Album: Healthy Happy Habits (Activity 25)
"Miss Mary Mack"
by Ella Jenkins, Album: You’ll Sing a Song and I’ll Sing a Song (Activity 9)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Jack and Jill
(Activity 19 Month 9)
Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after.