Playing game "I Spy" to identify letters in name
- Write each letter of child’s name on a different index card
- For example with name Elissa use 6 cards E - l - i - s - s - a
- Play I SPY
- Mix up the cards with letters right side up and say, “I spy with my little eye the letter "i”
- Let child “spy” and find the letter “i” and pick up the card to place in front of him
- Next the adult says, “I spy with my little eye the letter “a”
- Let child “spy” and find the letter “a” and pick up the card and place in front of him also
- Continue until all letters in child’s name are chosen
- Guide child to place the letters in the correct order for their name
I spy the first letter of your name
I spy the last letter of your name
I spy the letter that makes the “s” sound
I spy a letter that makes the first sound in the word “lion”, etc.
Write child's name on paper as a guide and place the index card letters on top of the letters in child's name on the paper as they "spy" each letter
Use other family names, ( grandma, dad, etc.) street name, city name, teacher’s name, etc. Use last name of child after you have played using their first name. Use for spelling words with older children
- index cards
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Circle
- Color - Blue
- Number - Two, 2
- Alphabet Letters - B, F
- Senses - Hearing
- Character Trait - Joyfulness
- Target Words - Big, Bigger, Happy, Small
Unknown “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day."
Did You Know?
“A 3-year-old toddler's brain is twice as active as an adult's brain.”- Sean Brotherson, NDSU
Books to Read
by Ann Jonas (Activity 8)
"The Grouchy Ladybug"
Eric Carle (Activity 12)
"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom"
by Bill Martin and John Archambault (Activity 4)
"Jump Up It’s A Good Day"
by Brady Rymer Album Here Comes Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could (Children) (Activity 10)
"Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes "
by Countdown Kids Album 100 Silly Songs (Children) (Activity 24)
by Nabil David Huening Album Children’s Virtues Songs (Children) (Activity 13)
"If You’re Happy and You Know It "
by Dora the Explorer Album Party Favorites (Activity 26)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Touch Your Nose
(Activity 25 Month 2)
Touch your nose, touch your chin, That’s the way this game begins.
Touch your eyes, Touch your knees; Now pretend you’re going to sneeze.
Touch your hair, Touch one ear; Touch your two red lips right here.
Touch your elbows where they bend,
That’s the way this touch game ends.