Continuing the "Friendship Branch" from Activity 12
- In Activity 12 the child traced nine circles on a brown paper bag - this activity has child cutting out the circles from Activity 12
- Use rounded scissors for cutting and help child if needed
- This activity can be done throughout the month - cutting and drawing one or two circles at a time
- Ask child to name a friend and draw a picture of a friend on one of the circles (can use photo of friend); together write friend’s name on the back of the picture
- Ask child to share one reason this friend is liked by child
- Hang on the “Friendship Branch” from Activity 12 (string, fishing line, dental floss, twine, etc.)
- The goal is to have nine friend pictures on the branch to display through out the month
Instead of scissors, let child tear out each of the nine circles. Count aloud the nine circles. When writing friend's name remember to use a capital letter for the first letter and lower case letters for the rest of name.
Let child write his friend's name on the back of the circles. Say each letter in friend's name and watch child write letter giving help when needed. Friend's name can also be written on a separate sheet of paper and copied by the child.
- Nine brown circles saved from Activity 12
- scissors/hole punch
- yarn, string, dental floss, etc.
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Oval
- Color - Brown
- Number - Nine, 9
- Alphabet Letters - Q, T, L
- Senses - Sight
- Character Trait - Friendliness
- Target Words - Fast, Front, Sort, Same
Spanish - Tell me who you’re with and I’ll tell you who you are
Did You Know?
"The brain develops rapidly during the first five years and quality preschool programs can have a profound impact during this time.” CA First 5
Books to Read
"Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On"
by Lois Ehlert (Activity 7)
"Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?"
by Bill Martin (Activity 8) (audio book available) (NOTE: Please look for the 25th anniversary edition where the text is back to the original wording)
by Joan Blos (Activity 12)
"The Alphabet Song"
Album: Big Don’s Big Beat (Activity 5)
"Por Una Cabeza by Carlos Gardel"
Album: The Very Best (Activity 20)
"The Turtle Song"
by Suzi Shelton Album Simply Suzi (Activity 11)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
There Was A Little Turtle
(Activity 11 Month 11)
There was a little turtle who lived in a box.
He swam in the water, he climbed on the rocks.
He snapped at a mosquito, he snapped at a flea, he snapped at a minnow and he snapped at me.
He caught that mosquito, he caught that flea, he caught that minnow, but he didn’t catch me.
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep
(Activity 19 Month 11)
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I’ll count these hands instead of sheep.
Help me to remember these friends I made.
And all the wonderful times we played.