Reading book "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" and emphasizing verbal manners
- Read the book “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” by Jim Aylesworth
- Chat about Goldilock’s manners
- For example, Did she have permission to enter the bear's home?; Was it okay to eat their food without asking?; Did she apologize for breaking the chair?
- Teach child to communicate verbally (no pointing) when they would like something on the table. For example, “Please, pass me the fruit.”
- Practice passing food to the right (counterclockwise) at the table. At mealtime have a dish to pass for child to practice - a plastic or wooden serving bowl is best
- (Manners also in Activity 8 for Month 3)
Encourage child to tell you what are good table manners.
After reading “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” ask child what was the first thing Goldilocks did after entering the house. Ask what she did next and what was the last thing that happened in the story.
- Book “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” by Jim Aylesworth
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Circle, Square
- Color - Red
- Number - Three, 3
- Alphabet Letters - C, R
- Senses - Smell
- Character Trait - Manners
- Target Words - On, Top, High, Low
Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would have them do to you
Did You Know?
“The human brain is 90% developed by age 5." Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University
Books to Read
"Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners"
by Laurie Kelly (Activity 12)
"The Alphabet Book"
by P.D. Eastman (Activity 4)
"Goldilocks and the Three Bears"
by Jim Aylesworth (Activity 13)
"Three Little Birdies"
by Bob Marley Album Legend (Reggae) (Activity 6)
"Race: The Final Starlight Express"
Album Starlight Express Original Cast (Broadway - Pop) (Activity 18)
"Clap Your Hands Now"
by Pam Donkin Album A Hop, Skip, and a Jump (Children) (Activity 15)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Way Up High In An Apple Tree
(Activity 26 Month 3)
Way up high in an apple tree
Two red apples look down at me
I shook that tree as hard as I could
Down came the apples
Mmmmmm they were good.
Peter (child’s name) Uses One Hammer
(Activity 21 Month 3)
Peter (use child’s name) hammers with one hammer one hammer one hammer
Peter hammers with one hammer all day long (tap fist on the floor)
Pater hammers with two hammers, two hammers two hammers (tap other fist too) Peter hammers with two hammers all day long.
Peter hammers with three hammers, three hammers three hammers (add one foot) Peter hammers with three hammers all day long.
Peter hammers with four hammers four hammers four hammers (tap other foot too along with fists) Peter hammers with four hammers all day long.
Peter hammers with five hammers five hammers five hammers (use your head) Peter hammers with five hammers And then he goes to sleep!