- preschoolers typically sleep 11-13 hours a night
- afternoon nap or quiet time can be beneficial
- sleep depravation signs: cranky, irritable, yawning, rubbing eyes, falling asleep in the car, having to wake up your child every morning.
- consider a bedtime routine (let child help create!) and stick to it most nights!
- take notice of how your child “learns best”
- know the kindergarten readiness checklist
- plan activities & time to play & educate your child
- make 20 minutes a day a habit
- engage child in reading: ask questions (opinion, comparison, prediction etc..)
- check list of age appropriate books on our website or ask your local librarian
- “Extraordinary Parent” by Lynn Fielding