Pattern making using shoes
Month 6 · Activity 6 · Numbers
- Collect five pairs of shoes - using child or adult shoes
- Separate the shoes into two piles - left and right shoes
- Child gets the five right footed shoes and adult the five left footed shoes
- Adult makes a “pattern” selecting any two left shoes; placing the two shoes on the floor
- Ask child to copy the pattern with two matching right shoes by placing the two shoes in the correct order on the floor
- Make a pattern using three shoes
- Make a pattern using four shoes
- Make a pattern using five shoes
If making a pattern with the shoes is difficult, place all five pairs of shoes in a pile and select one shoe. Ask child to find the matching shoe.
Verbally ask child to find the matching shoes - Please find the two shoes that are blue, with white laces, and a rubber sole OR find the two shoes that are brown with no back.
- 5 pairs of shoes (child or adult - boots, slippers, etc.)
- Math & Science Skills
- Problem Solving Skills