Memory game using shapes
Month 11 · Activity 2 · Shapes
- Gather 14 index cards/paper and a brown crayon
- Together draw the following shapes on the cards - making 2 of each shape (rectangle, square, heart, circle, star, oval, triangle)
- Mix up and turn cards facedown and play a memory game
- Turn 2 cards face up. If they are the same take them from the table. If they don’t match, turn them back over in the same spot and let partner take a turn.
- Take turns until all the cards are a match
*Keep the cards in your purse or car for a fun game anywhere!
Try using only 4 cards (2 sets of shapes) and match only those two shapes. Next add 6 cards and 3 sets of shapes. Work until all 14 cards and 7 sets of shapes can be played with success.
Instead of making only 2 cards to match, make 3 cards of each shape for matching. You will now have 21 cards and 7 sets of shapes to use for the game. Adding the third card needed for matching is a difficult task for preschoolers.
- 14 index cards
- brown crayon
- Math & Science Skills
- Motor Skills
- Problem Solving Skills