A fun use of video and song "Go, Flush, Wash, Dry" to teach bathroom manners
Month 5 · Activity 24 · Lifeskills
- Here is a short video from England showing what to do after going to the bathroom: http://bbc.in/PyRsJM
- Listen to the accent and different words used
- Inform the child that video was made in the country of England
- Look at map/globe and find England
- Listen to the song “Go, Flush, Wash and Dry” by Martin Kerr or watch video here
Review with the child how to flush a toilet - some toilets have a different flush mechanism on top or side and in public places are often automatic.
Share with a child some of the ways that all people have the same bodies. For example, everyone needs to sleep, eat, go to the bathroom, OR everyone needs to take breaths of air, have a beating heart, etc. Encourage the child to see how similar our bodies work whether we are old or young, white or black skin, girl or boy.
QUESTIONS FOR CHILD
Have you ever been afraid to use a bathroom; where and why?
Name items that are in all bathrooms. (sink, toilet, towels, soap, toilet paper, etc.)
- Language Skills
- Problem Solving Skills