Cutting & Pasting
Listen to "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain" and design a container with letters - G & Y
Month 6 · Activity 19 · Art
- Listening to music while doing an art project is a way to introduce a child to a variety of types of music. Listen to "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain" by Gay Blazers or another song
- Reuse a clean empty container - nut can, ice cream carton, etc.
- Give child old magazines and newspapers and have them cut out the letters G & Y or pictures of objects beginning with G & Y
- Using a glue paste like Mod Podge, glue these letters/pictures on the container using a brush or foam brush
- When container is covered in the letters/pictures put 2 coats of Mod Podge over the surface
- To personalize the container, place a picture of your child over the letters and cover with a final coat of Mod Podge
- This makes a wonderful pencil holder, card holder, etc. and can be given as a gift
Homemade Mod Podge
Mod Podge in a Pint Jar
Fill jar half way up with white glue (like Elmers)
Then fill jar up with water.
This is a 50-50 mixture glue/water.
If you would like a Glossy finish, add 1 TBS of clear varnish then Shake!
(My favorite is still the ready made Mod Podge that you buy at craft stores)
Instead of cutting out the letters/pictures, just tear out the letters.
Encourage child to find both lower and upper case letters of Gg and Yy
- empty hard container (ice cream carton, nut can, etc.)
- glue paste (Mod Podge, etc,)
- picture of child (optional)
- Song "She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain" by Gay Blazers album The Treasury of Barbershop Quartets
- Language Skills
- Motor Skills
- Problem Solving Skills