Listen to "I Believe in You", practice tracing and counting fingers
Month 6 · Activity 18 · Art
- Listen to song "I Believe In You" by Divo and Celine Dion or watch Song/Video here
- Place the child’s hand on green paper
- Help child trace around one hand with fingers spread using a black crayon
- Together, write the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 above the traced fingers
- Let child trace around the adult’s hand and again write the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 above the traced fingers
Let child point to each number as you request: Please point to the numeral 3, point to the numeral 5, etc. Ask child how many fingers are on one hand, do both hands have the same number of fingers, etc. Ask child to hold up how many fingers for how old they are right now.
Using cereal pieces, M&M's, or paper clips, place the correct number on each finger of the traced hand as the numeral says.
Ask the child to look around the room and bring 5 objects to you. Count the objects together.
Encourage the child to trace around his hand again and see if they can turn their hand into a picture - a turkey, mitten, etc. using crayons.
QUESTIONS FOR CHILD
Do you like making numerals or letters and why?
Name something that if you ate 5 of them would give you a stomach ache. Name something that if you ate 5 of them you could still eat more and not feel full.