B & F
Reading the book "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", skills focusing on letter B and scissor practice
- Read the story "Chicka Chicka Boom" by Bill Martin and John Archambault
- Cut open paper grocery bag and write the letter B in blue crayon in the center of the paper. Reinforce the sound of B
- Throughout the month let child cut out pictures that begin with the sound of "B" from magazines, newspapers, or catalogues and glue on the paperbag
- Child can also cut out “B” letters and glue on paperbag
Instead of using scissors, let child tear out the "B" pictures or the letters "B"
Instruct child to find a specific number of "B" pictures or letters. Find and paste on the paper 10 pictures that begin with sound of "B" and 10 letter "B's". Select a different book to use or another letter. Let child write their own "B" on the paper.
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Circle
- Color - Blue
- Number - Two, 2
- Alphabet Letters - B, F
- Senses - Hearing
- Character Trait - Joyfulness
- Target Words - Big, Bigger, Happy, Small
Unknown “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day."
Did You Know?
“A 3-year-old toddler's brain is twice as active as an adult's brain.”- Sean Brotherson, NDSU
Books to Read
by Ann Jonas (Activity 8)
"The Grouchy Ladybug"
Eric Carle (Activity 12)
"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom"
by Bill Martin and John Archambault (Activity 4)
"Jump Up It’s A Good Day"
by Brady Rymer Album Here Comes Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could (Children) (Activity 10)
"Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes "
by Countdown Kids Album 100 Silly Songs (Children) (Activity 24)
by Nabil David Huening Album Children’s Virtues Songs (Children) (Activity 13)
"If You’re Happy and You Know It "
by Dora the Explorer Album Party Favorites (Activity 26)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Touch Your Nose
(Activity 25 Month 2)
Touch your nose, touch your chin, That’s the way this game begins.
Touch your eyes, Touch your knees; Now pretend you’re going to sneeze.
Touch your hair, Touch one ear; Touch your two red lips right here.
Touch your elbows where they bend,
That’s the way this touch game ends.