A snack break using the letter C, counting skills and color red
Month 3 · Activity 17 · Cooking
- On a red sheet of construction paper or colored placemat, have a child write the letter C on the paper with the following directions:
- Write the letter C 3 times high on the paper
- Write the letter C 3 times low on the paper
- Write 3 C’s in a row anywhere on the paper
- Count the number of C’s on the paper (9)
- Listen to this video about the letter "C"
- Share a treat of cocoa, carrots, cantaloupe, or crackers/cookies using the red ‘C’ placemat
- Make hot cocoa by:
- Heating chocolate milk
- OR using a packaged cocoa mix with hot water
- OR warming white milk and stirring in 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Ask the child to name and say the beginning sound of each treat - “c” cocoa, “c” carrot, “c” cracker/cookie
Point to a high place on the paper for the child to write a C; point to a low place on the paper for the child to write a C. Next ask the child to point to a high place on the paper and if correct let him write a C; and then ask him to point to a low place on the paper and if correct let him write a C.
QUESTIONS FOR CHILD
Would you rather wear a uniform to school or choose your own clothes to wear and why?
If you could decorate your bedroom, what color would you use on the walls and why?
- red construction paper
- ingredients for hot cocoa
- Letter "C" foods to snack - cantaloupe, cookie, crackers, carrots, etc.
- Language Skills
- Motor Skills
- Problem Solving Skills