Learning a responsible task
Month 5 · Activity 12 · Character Traits
- Give child a “responsibility” to do this month - decide on the task together
- For example, make bed in the morning, sweep floor under table after dinner, or checking lights are off in unused rooms
- Show the correct way to complete the task
- Follow up through-out the month that the task is being accomplished
- Use a calendar and write letter “R” for responsibility on each day the task is completed
Let child do the task for a week if a month is too long.
Every day that the task is completed, give encouragement that the task is finished quicker and better than the day before. Just doing a task is okay but doing a task well is better. By consistently working on this one task for a whole month a work ethic skill will be taught.
- Social Skills
- Problem Solving Skills