Read book " Old Henry" and make a "Friendship Branch"
Month 11 · Activity 12 · Character Traits
- Gather a small branch of a tree to put into a vase to keep for the month. This will be a “Friendship Branch.”
- Chat about the child’s friends and why they are friends
- Ask child to cut open a brown paper bag and give him a round stencil (lid, pan, etc.) about 4 inches wide
- Ask child to trace around the circle nine times on the paper bag (save for Activity 13 in Month 11)
- While working continue to chat about ways to be a friend - helpful, happy, shares, etc.
- Read the story “Old Henry” by Joan Blos
Instead of drawing around nine circles, make only five cirles when tracing around a cup/pan