Reading book "Do Onto Otters: A Book About Manners" and learning good table manners
Month 3 · Activity 12 · Character Traits
- Read the book “Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners” by Laurie Keller
- Highlight 3 correct eating habits, such as:
- Chewing with mouth closed
- Napkin on lap as soon as sitting down
- Using please and thank you (word please is used when you want something and thank you when you receive something)
- Write these three habits on a sheet of paper with your child and review them daily before sitting down to eat throughout the month
- The European Journal of Social Psychology suggested a new habit takes 66 days of repetition. By introducing and reinforcing good habits to preschoolers, the goal of practicing good manners should last a lifetime
Practice with a child in chewing with mouth open and then with mouth closed. Ask what looks nicer.
Let child "read" the three manners you have written down to practice before meals.
- Book “Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners” by Laurie Keller
- sheet of paper
- Language Skills
- Social Skills