Month 11 Materials (vol.1)
- alphabet chart/placemat
- 4 pencils/craft sticks
- 3 ring binder with alphabet dividers
- crayons and markers, fabric marker
- 14 index cards/paper
- old newspaper, ball
- Brown crayon/blanket/teddy bear
- tempura paint and covering to protect table
- roll of masking or painters tape
- piece of cardboard or plastic bag
- handful of coins - pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, half dollars and silver dollar if available
- clear and decorated contact paper
- pillowcase, beanbag
- round stencil (lid,pan, canned food etc...)
- paper towels
- painting cups (butter tubs, plastic drinking cups etc...)
- construction and plain paper
- 9 paper plates
- sheet of stickers
- internet access and printer
- 2 brown paper bags
- 3 or more brown baking potatoes, oil and butter
- scrubber and sink to clean potatoes
- toppings for potato
- milk, sugar, honey (optional for tea party)
- knife for adult, tea bags and tea cups
- small plastic or wooden hammer
- piece of Styrofoam
- colored golf tees
- 4 or more pictures of child at various ages
- small tree branch, yarn (string, fishing line, dental floss, twine, etc.)
- enlarged picture of friend
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Oval
- Color - Brown
- Number - Nine, 9
- Alphabet Letters - Q, T, L
- Senses - Sight
- Character Trait - Friendliness
- Target Words - Fast, Front, Sort, Same
Spanish - Tell me who you’re with and I’ll tell you who you are
Did You Know?
"The brain develops rapidly during the first five years and quality preschool programs can have a profound impact during this time.” CA First 5
Books to Read
"Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On"
by Lois Ehlert (Activity 7)
"Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?"
by Bill Martin (Activity 8) (audio book available) (NOTE: Please look for the 25th anniversary edition where the text is back to the original wording)
by Joan Blos (Activity 12)
"The Alphabet Song"
Album: Big Don’s Big Beat (Activity 5)
"Por Una Cabeza by Carlos Gardel"
Album: The Very Best (Activity 20)
"The Turtle Song"
by Suzi Shelton Album Simply Suzi (Activity 11)
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
There Was A Little Turtle
(Activity 11 Month 11)
There was a little turtle who lived in a box.
He swam in the water, he climbed on the rocks.
He snapped at a mosquito, he snapped at a flea, he snapped at a minnow and he snapped at me.
He caught that mosquito, he caught that flea, he caught that minnow, but he didn’t catch me.
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep
(Activity 19 Month 11)
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I’ll count these hands instead of sheep.
Help me to remember these friends I made.
And all the wonderful times we played.