Month 10 Materials (vol.1)
- washable marker
- dry erase board
- dry erase marker
- alphabet chart
- fabric markers
- 3 ring binder with alphabet dividers
- pipe cleaners, rubber band
- white paper
- 26 white poker chips
- permanent marker
- white paper bag
- old magazines
- deck of playing cards
- chalkboard and chalk
- container of small objects such as pennies, pretzels, jelly beans, etc.
- old white button down shirt
- 2 plastic buckets (bowls, etc.)
- large sponge
- small foam brush or sponge
- index cards
- internet access and printer
- 8 eggs
- pickle relish
- oval crackers (Ritz, etc.)
- wax paper
- 3 sour foods (lemon, dill pickle, lime, etc.)
- 3 sweet foods (sugar cookie, banana, sweet cherries, etc.)
- 10 white jelly beans/white miniature marshmallow, timer
- white bread
- food coloring
- kitchen "paintbrush"
- 2 non-breakable bowls
- stovetop pan with lid, stove
- white carnation flower
- dark piece of construction paper that holds 8 small objects such as glue stick, match box car, scissors, etc.
- small glass or vase
- laundry basket
- puzzles and games like Chutes and Ladders, Candyland, memory card games, etc.
- skates (roller, roller blades, or ice skates)
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Review
- Color - White
- Number - Eight, 8
- Alphabet Letters - W, N
- Senses - Taste
- Character Trait - Self-Control
- Target Words - Good-night, Sweet, Sour, Next
Dutch - A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains
Did You Know?
" Approximately two-thirds of parents surveyed would like information about ways to support children’s early reading and school readiness skills, ways to help children’s social-emotional development and how to use positive discipline." Washington Early Learning System
Books to Read
"Black and White Rabbit’s ABC"
by Alan Baker (Activity 9)
by Margaret Wise Brown (Activity 14) (audio book available)
"Cars and Trucks and Things that Go"
by Richard Scarry (Activity 26)
by Sharon, Lois & Bram Album: Sing A to Z (Activity 1)
12 Variations on “Ah, vous dirai-je, Maman” K.265 (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star) Mozart"
by George Szell; Cleveland Orchestra Album: Mozart: Piano Concertos K. 467 & 537; Variations K.265 (Activity 20)
"10 Crunchy Carrots"
by Charlotte Diamond Album: 10 Carrot Diamond (Activity 6)
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
(Activity 23 Month 10)
I wake up in the morning early
And always the very first thing
I poke up my head and I sit up in bed
And I sing and I sing, and I sing.
(This poem was memorized and recited each morning in our family. Use this poem or find your own for your wake-up routine.)