Recognizing animals and their names
- Have child name an animal with 2 legs - look for pictures of kangaroo, monkey, ostrich, penguin, etc.
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with B - bat, baboon, bear, bird, etc.
- Find picture of an animal beginning with B and put into 3 ring binder behind the letter B (Easy way to find pictures is to type “Free pictures of animals” in internet search engine)
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with F - frog, ferret, firefly, fox, etc.
- Find picture of an animal beginning with F and put into 3 ring binder behind the letter F
- pictures of animal with name beginning with letter B and F
- 3-ring binder
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Circle
- Color - Blue
- Number - Two, 2
- Alphabet Letters - B, F
- Senses - Hearing
- Character Trait - Joyfulness
- Target Words - Big, Bigger, Happy, Small
Unknown “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day."
Did You Know?
“A 3-year-old toddler's brain is twice as active as an adult's brain.”- Sean Brotherson, NDSU
Books to Read
by Ann Jonas (Activity 8)
"The Grouchy Ladybug"
Eric Carle (Activity 12)
"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom"
by Bill Martin and John Archambault (Activity 4)
"Jump Up It’s A Good Day"
by Brady Rymer Album Here Comes Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could (Children) (Activity 10)
"Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes "
by Countdown Kids Album 100 Silly Songs (Children) (Activity 24)
by Nabil David Huening Album Children’s Virtues Songs (Children) (Activity 13)
"If You’re Happy and You Know It "
by Dora the Explorer Album Party Favorites (Activity 26)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Touch Your Nose
(Activity 25 Month 2)
Touch your nose, touch your chin, That’s the way this game begins.
Touch your eyes, Touch your knees; Now pretend you’re going to sneeze.
Touch your hair, Touch one ear; Touch your two red lips right here.
Touch your elbows where they bend,
That’s the way this touch game ends.