Read "AlphaBugs: A Pop Up Alphabet Book" and find letters in child’s name
- Read book “ AlphaBugs: A Pop Up Alphabet Book” by David Carter
- Have an alphabet chart showing both lower and upper case letters
- Say one letter in child’s name and let him point to that letter with his finger on the alphabet chart. Repeat with remaining letters in child’s name
* Make your own alphabet chart with a piece of paper and marker if you don't already have one!
If child doesn't recognize the letters in his name, have child place hand on top of adult's hand and together touch the letters in name when said aloud.
Using the book, “ AlphaBugs: A Pop Up Alphabet Book” by David Carter find the letters in child's name in the book.
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Rectangle
- Color - Orange
- Number - 1-4 Review
- Alphabet - O, U
- Senses - Sight
- Character Trait - Responsibility
- Target Words - Under, Up, Down, Tall
Yiddish- If each person sweeps in front of his own door the whole street is clean
Did You Know?
"The brain builds itself in response to the child’s experiences. Brain circuits that the child uses in daily life are strengthened. Those that the child doesn’t use fade away. "
National Research Council From Neurons to Neighborhoods, 2000
Books to Read
"AlphaBugs: A Pop Up Alphabet Book"
by David Carter (Activity 1)
"Deep In The Swamp"
by Donna Bateman (Activity 22)
"Head to Toe"
by E. Carle (Activity 10)
"When The Saints Go Marching In"
by Pete Fountain, Album: Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans? (Jazz) (Activity 2)
"Go, Flush, Wash, Dry"
by Martin Kerr, Album: Favourite Songs from the Family Learning House (Children) (Activity 24)
"The Noble Duke of York"
by Susan McRae, Album: Barney’s Song Book - 16 Favourites for Kids (Children) (Activity 15)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Sing/Say The Alphabet
(Activity 26 Month 5)
ABCDEFG HIJKLMNOP QRSTUV WXYZ
Now I’ve said my ABC’s, Next time won't you sing with me.