Crock Pot Oatmeal
Cooking Creamy Oatmeal
- Here is a recipe that takes a long time to cook. Explain the purpose of a crock pot and how it allows foods to slow cook for a long length of time. (A 2 quart baking dish can also be used and placed in the oven at 300 degrees for 4 hours under time bake.) Let child grease the crock pot and measure and add all the ingredients to the crock pot before bedtime. Everyone will wake up to the smell of something yummy and healthy to eat for breakfast.
Overnight Creamy Crock Pot Oatmeal
Grease crock pot with butter
Add 1 ½ cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup regular oatmeal
¼ cup dried cranberries, cherries or raisins
Makes 2 servings
Mix well in crock pot.
Depending on size/type of crock pot cook on low overnight from 4 to 8 hours. (can use a plug in timer) Top with milk, brown sugar, fruit, or maple syrup.
- crock pot or 2 quart baking dish
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup regular oatmeal (organic or steel oats works too)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries/raisins
Curriculum Plan Resources
- Shape - Review
- Color - Black
- Number - Seven, 7
- Alphabet Letters - J, I
- Sense - Smell
- Character Trait - Courage
- Target Words - Long, Little, Short, Small
Chinese - If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through
Did You Know?
"Before children enter elementary school, they must develop many linguistic and cognitive skills that will make later academic learning possible. By the age of five, however, children differ markedly in their success in reaching these developmental goals." Entwisle & Alexander, 1993
Books to Read
"The Little Engine That Could"
by Watty Piper, Illustrator Loren Long (Activity 12) (audiobook available)
"My Very First Mother Goose"
with Ioa Opie Editor and Rosemary Wells Illustrator (Activity 26)
"Of Colors and Things"
by Tana Hoban (Activity 8)
"America (My Country Tis of Thee)"
by the Hit Crew, Album: Drew’s Famous Music for Summer Games and Activities (Activity 13)
by Willa Brigham, Album: Healthy Happy Habits (Activity 25)
"Miss Mary Mack"
by Ella Jenkins, Album: You’ll Sing a Song and I’ll Sing a Song (Activity 9)
Monthly Materials List
Click Here to view the list!
Fingerplay / Poems / Songs
Jack and Jill
(Activity 19 Month 9)
Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after.