Photo Puzzle Gift
- enlarged (8.5 x11) photo of child with friend
- decorated contact paper or piece of construction paper, poster board etc..
- clear contact paper or shipping tape (optional, this helps puzzle last longer)
- gift bag/box/envelope
- *Contact paper can be found in housewares section at common hardware stores, Target, Walmart etc….
- Take a photo or find one that has been already taken of your child with their friend, teacher etc… of who they are making this puzzle gift
- Enlarge the picture on plain paper or photo paper to 8.5 x 10 (standard printer paper) You can also use whatever photo you already have, you will just need to adjust the number of puzzle pieces accordingly.
- Together adhere the back of the picture to the sticky side of a decorated sheet of contact paper
- Cover the front of the picture with clear contact paper
- Now draw with a marker 5-10 puzzle pieces
- Using scissors, cut along the lines drawn to create puzzle pieces
- Package up the puzzle and let child give to his friend
- Gifts don’t have to be expensive to mean something
- Plenty of learning happens during art activities. Fine motor development, creativity, language skills and more!
- Remember, you can make almost any art activity into a teachable moment by conversing and asking questions
- Code Name Mama- a great website full of homemade gift ideas. Enter in the search box “ make your own gifts for toddlers and preschoolers”. Over 25 ideas will come up! Activities may claim they are for adults, but use some creativity and adapt for your child.
- “Martha Stewart’s Favorite Crafts for Kids: 175 Projects for Kids of All Ages to Create, Build, Design, Explore and Share” by Martha Stewart
- Pinterest! Search “gifts for preschoolers to make” you will get hundreds of great ideas.