Read the book "Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On" and how to use a ruler
Month 11 · Activity 7 · Numbers
- Read the book “Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On”
- Place a ruler on a piece of paper and help child draw a straight line to the number 9 using the ruler
- Ask child what number is in front of 9 - (answer 8)
- Ask child what number is written first on the ruler - (answer 1)
- Again place ruler on paper and ask child to draw a straight line to the number 5
- Ask child which line is longer the one that stopped at 9 or the one that stopped at 5 - (answer 9)
- Ask child to point to the numbers 1 to 9 in order on the ruler and say the name of the numeral
After doing the activity, ask child these questions as they look at the ruler:
*What number comes after 9?
*What number comes before 2?
*What number comes before 5?
*What number comes after 8?
- Book "Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On" by Lois Ehlert
- piece of paper
- Language Skills
- Math & Science Skills
- Problem Solving Skills