S & V
Identifying objects that start with "S" and "V" and watch videos of unique animals named stoat and vicuna
Month 7 · Activity 5 · Letters
- Look together for five items in the home that begin with S sound
- On a sticky note, with child watching, write the name of each of the items when child says an item. For example, stove, soap, stairs, step, sock, etc.
- Child places sticky note on the item
- Practice writing letter V with violet crayon
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with sound of S - snake, snail, spider, seal, swan, etc.
- Find picture of an animal beginning with S and put into 3 ring binder behind the letter S (Easy way to find pictures is to type "Free pictures of animals" in internet search engine)
- Go to https://www.wordwarrior.net/stoat.html and watch a stoat go "crazy" for dinner
- Ask child to think of an animal that begins with V - viper, vulture, vole, etc.
- Find picture of an animal beginning with V and put into 3 ring binder behind the letter V
- Go to https://www.wordwarrior.net/vicuna.html and see the birth of a vicuna
Look for three items in the home that begin with S. Adult can point to item while child says name of item aloud. Write the name of item on sticky note, with child watching, and have child attach to object.
Have child write the name of the object on the sticky note. Tell child what letters to write in order to spell the object's name.
- INYW? 3 ring binder
- sticky note or piece of paper and tape
- violet crayon
- piece of paper
- internet access and printer or old magazines for animal pictures
- Language Skills
- Math & Science Skills
- Motor Skills
- Problem Solving Skills