Exploring how the environment changes
Month 9 · Activity 23 · Nature/Science
- Together with your child find a tree close to your home that will change through the year with leaf color, size, flowers, etc.
- This tree can be in your backyard, in a nearby park, or on a route that you drive often with a child
- Take a picture of the tree this month
- Place a reminder on a calendar together to check on the tree again every two months - for a total of 6 times a year
- Each time take a picture and post where child can see and compare the changes of the tree
- Chat about how our surroundings are filled with living objects - trees, plants, animals, etc.
Select a leaf from the tree every few months and place in a plastic sandwich bag to compare how the leaves change
Make a print of tree picture and attach to cardstock paper to make a notecard.
- Language Skills
- Math & Science Skills