Listen to song "You'll Be In My Heart" and make a collage of hearts
Month 8 · Activity 18 · Art
- Play song “You’ll Be In My Heart” while doing this activity or Listen/Watch here
- Let the child choose a colored piece of paper.
- Show the child how to fold the paper and cut out a heart shape. Click here for directions in folding paper for heart shape
- Fold and cut many heart shapes
- Glue hearts onto a large sheet of paper (cut open brown paper bag or use poster board)
If using scissors is difficult, ask the child to tear out the heart shape. You can also help a child with the cutting by placing your hand over his cutting hand while using the scissors or drawing the heart first so they can cut along the lines.
Doing activities while playing music encourages a child to use multiple parts of the brain.
Click here for heart templates
Encourage the child to cut out 9 hearts. Click here for heart templates or find directions for folding paper for heart shapes here. Write one letter on each of the hearts to spell the word V-A-L-E-N-T-I-N-E. As you say aloud the following poem, have the child point to the correctly lettered heart.
Will you be my V-A-L-E-N-T-I-N-E? If you do you surely know how happy I will be!
Sugar, spice and all things nice, that's what you are to me...
Will you be my V-A-L-E-N-T-I-N-E?
QUESTIONS FOR CHILD
Why do we think of hearts when we think of love?
Tell me about something that made you smile today.
- Language Skills
- Motor Skills
- Problem Solving Skills