If, When, Sad, Soon
Activity to learn - who, what, where, when, how
Month 12 · Activity 15 · Target Words
- Use an invitation to teach who, what, where, when, why - either make up an invitation, look at ours, or save one that you have received
- For example, let’s look at a picnic/wedding/birthday/etc, invitation and ask child some questions after reading the invite aloud
- What is this card? - It is an invitation to a picnic.
- Who is Madison? - She is the person having the birthday.
- Where is the party ? It is at Washington Park .
- When is the party ? On Saturday the 5th of May.
- Why is there a party ? It is an event to celebrate turning a year older.
Use the word soon when referring to an event that will happen in a short span of time. Try this month to share this word "soon" often with a child.
- After you wake up in the morning it will soon be time for breakfast.
- If the clock says 12:00 P.M. it will soon be lunchtime.
- Once you get your pajamas on, it will soon be time to get into bed.
Encourage child to make-up their own invitation by telling you what to write down following the - who, what, where, when, why guidelines. Let child decorate the invitation using crayons and materials from your "art" box.
- old invitation, use sample or create one of your own
- Language Skills
- Problem Solving Skills