Read the book "Are You My Mother?" and make a daily question jar
Month 12 · Activity 13 · Character Traits
- Read the book “ Are You My Mother?” by P.D. Eastman
- Place a “Question Box/Jar” on the table or counter for the month
- Fill the box with 30/31 questions - one for each day of the month
- Here are some examples of questions:
- Who did you sit next to at snack today?
- What was the weather like today?
- What clothes did you wear today?
- If you could pick any animal for a pet, what would it be and why?
- What is the brightest object in the sky at night and would you like to go and visit?
- What is something you found out about a friend today?
- What is something you learned today?
- If you got lost and couldn’t find mom or dad, what would you do?
- Can you share all the foods that you would include in a favorite meal?
- What is something you did this week that you are proud about?
Share on the INYW? forum or commet section some of your questions that you shared with a child
Look at book together, "Are You My Mother?" and let child look and count how many animals and objects the baby bird asked if they were his mother - 7 - kitten, hen, dog, cow, boat, plane, big thing (Snort)
Let child count the question marks (?) in the book, "Are You My Mother?" 14 question marks (?) marks plus the cover